Sunday, March 27, 2011

First Online Date....

I moved into the online dating area of the world a few years ago.  I am not sure where you meet people after you get out of college.

I don't date at work, I don't date my children's friends divorced parents or spend a lot of time hanging out in bars.  Plus, the bar scene in Scottsdale, AZ is really not normal.   There is so much botox, boob jobs, liposuction, bleach blond hair that normal "people" really don't stand a chance.  I always joke that my chest is big enough....but my body is not a toothpick, nor has it ever really been a toothpick.

Which gets me back to online dating, still a visual sport but it does allow you a wider breadth of exposure.

So, first online "non" date (his words, not mine)

We decided to do a "drive by" meet & greet on a Weds. for a quick lunch at a point between our respective offices.  So, that pointed ended up being the very sexy KFC.  Anyway, during the course of our 30 minute lunch he told me about his "deal breakers" in relationships and general views on life.  I was ambivalent but had to get back to work.

So, we proceed to text off and on through the next few days.  As it happened I was spending a long weekend in DC to visit friends before a business meeting on Tuesday.  As we were texting, he asked me if I could send him more photos.  I said that I really didn't have any more than were any different from my online profile.  That is when it came....."You don't have any pictures that are a bit 'sexier'?"

Oh, so you mean NAKED or less clothed.  Yeah, I am going to send those to you on my phone.  Needless to say, respect is a deal breaker for me and I told him as much. 

So, it was onward and upward to the next adventure.

1 comment: